CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

More Gingerbread Man


We loved reading so many different versions of The Gingerbread Man.  After we read each story we filled in our story map.  The kids loved discussing how they were the same and how they were different.  So fun!!As you are reading strories to your children at home it so important to ask them questions about the story.  Some great questions would be; What happened at the beginning, middle and end of the story?  Who are the characters in the story?  Where did the story take place.  These kiddos love to be read to!  It is about the only time of the day I can get them all quiet at the same time :).
After reading many different versions of the Gingerbread Man we decided to see what would happen if the Gingerbread tried to swim across the river by himself.  The kids thought it was so fascinating to see how he changed.  We decided it would not have been a good idea for him to swim across on his own.

2 comments:

  1. I am stopping by to let you know that I nominated your blog for The Versatile Blog award. Stop on over to my blog to learn all about it! Congrats!

    kindergartenafunplacetobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! So glad I discovered your blog! I wanted to let you know I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! You can check out the details by linking back to my blog. :)
    My Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete